The history of Our Savior's Lutheran Church begins in Norway in the early decades of the nineteenth century. The vision of America as a land of promise swept like wildfire, describing the new land in glowing terms.
On September 3, 1876, the first worship service was held in the newly built church called the Prairie church. As years went on, it became evident that a city church was needed and on October 20, 1908, a meeting was held to discuss a church in Bloomer. It was unanimously resolved to build this church out of solid brick. A year later, on October 17,1909, the cornerstone was laid. On February 13, 1910, the first worship service was held in the new church at three in the afternoon.
Since that time, two more additions have been added to the church. In 1956, the Sunday School Addition was added and in 2004. a Handicapped Addition and a Narthex was built. Today, our congregation has a membership of over 300.
2016 is an especially significant year, as Our Savior's celebrates its 150th Anniversary! Such a blessing!